There is a TerraCycle Bin placed at the right hand side of the Speen Stores building (Laurel Close). Proceeds from this recycling goes to support St. John’s Primary School here in the village.
Thank you so much for recycling with us. Not only are you removing waste from landfill but you are helping to raise funds for our local school.
Recycling Lists – Updated April 2022
Please check the information below about what can be placed in it. It is really important that you only donate the items on the lists. Whilst other items may seem the same they are NOT ACCEPTED by the sponsors.
In order to be a great recycler, please follow these guidelines:-
- Please read the lists carefully..
- Take special note of what is NOT accepted.
- Please try and pre-sort items into types – bread bags are a great way to separate items (i.e 1 bag for biscuit wrappers, 1 bag for sweet wrappers, 1 bag for cheese wrappers etc etc).
- Please flatten crisp & popcorn packets and line them up. We have to reach minimum weight on the boxes we send and this is easier if the packets are already neat and lined up to transfer to the main box.
- If you are unsure about an item please email Jo – email@example.com
or check the Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/RecyclingForStJohnsPrimary
- Crisp, Popcorn, Nuts, Pretzel packets – All packets, including multipack outers. Crisp, Popcorn, nuts, pretzel Packets – All packets, including multipack outers. Please line up flat DO NOT scrunch or fold packets into small balls / triangles / knots – flat packets lined up are the best and are much easier to pack.
No knots, NO – dried fruit packets, seed packets.
- Bread Bags – Any brand of plastic bread bags, wraps, crumpets, bread rolls, pitta, baguette, muffins, brioche, croissant or pasty packaging, donut / pastry trays.
Please separate Warburtons Greaseproof paper style packaging. .
- Confectionery wrappers – All brands of confectionery are accepted (sweets, chocolate).
NO foil, paper or rigid packaging.
- Biscuits and snacks – Biscuit wrappers e.g digestives, go ahead bars, Jacobs cracker wrappers, cake bar wrappers, Bear Yoyo packets. NO – Plastic biscuit trays.
- Pringle tubes – ONLY Pringles Tubes. NO OTHER SIMILAR TUBES OR BRANDS
Please put the plastic lids in your regular recycling.
- NEW! – Flexible Coffee Packaging – All brands of flexible coffee grounds & beans packaging.
- Beauty Product & Makeup Packaging – Flexible plastic tubes, lids, pumps, plastic roll on deodorant bottles, face wipe packaging, plastic tops from regular deodorant, hair dye tubes, mascara wands, eye shadow boxes, lipstick, lip balm, face mask packets.
NO – Baby wipe packaging, plastic or glass bottles or tubs, medication tubes.
- Oral Care – toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, electric toothbrush heads, toothbrush packaging, inter dental brushes. NO – Electric or battery-operated toothbrush bodies, pump toothpaste, wooden toothbrushes, mouthwash bottles.
- Carex Packaging – Soap bottle pumps, carex refill pouches. NO – Plastic bottles.
- Home Cleaning Packaging – Flexible plastic – eg Fragrance twin pack sleeves, flexible stain remover packaging, dishwasher table and salt packaging, cleaning wipe packaging. Tinted fabric conditioner bottles, tinted plastic tubs (e.g flash wipes), plastic air freshener containers
NO – aerosols, oven cleaner packaging, cleaning bottle pumps
- Writing Implements – Biros, highlighter pens, marker pens
- LOL doll packaging – Plastic wrappers, accessories, display cases.
- Kinder Packaging – Kinder packaging of any sort including the yellow insides.
- Ferrero Rocher Packaging – plastic boxes & foil. NO – paper & cardboard
- Hasbro Games & Toys – Any toys and games with Hasbro branding eg My Little Pony, Nerf, Playdoh, Mr Potato Head, monopoly and loads more
https://products.hasbro.com/en-gb/brands NO – Electronic games
- Plastic Flexible Cheese packaging – wrappers, pouches, plastic film, plastic nets for mini
cheeses. NO cheese slice dividers, tubes, harder plastic bases.
- Babybel packaging including the wax.
- Marigold gloves & their packaging – NO other brands
- Disposable Gloves – Latex / polyethylene / nitrate / vinyl gloves. Please turn inside out.
- Foreign currency, Stamps, Old Jewellery
- Electrical items (phones / sat navs / tablets etc – broken is good!)
- BRANDED Printer cartridges – Inkjet and toner cartridges – BRANDED only.
NOTE – please separate cartridges from other waste as they tend to leak!
We regularly have to throw away the following items so please DO NOT put them in the bins. Whilst the packaging may seem similar to other accepted items the schemes above are sponsored by brands and they are very strict as to what they will accept.
NOT ACCEPTED – PLEASE DO NOT DONATE
Baby Food or yogurt Pouches
Pet Food Packaging
Yogurt multipack packaging and lids
Fruit and Veg packaging and Frozen Food packets
Pasta Packets, Rice Packets, Super Noodles, Cooking Sauces
Glass bottles and tubs
Ice Lolly packaging
Baby Wipes packaging
Cereal / oats packaging, Porridge Sachets
Cartons / Tetrapak – collected by council
Milk bottle lids
Sausage roll packaging
Water Filters & packaging
Electric / battery toothbrush bodies – collected by council
Plastic bottles (aside from those accepted on cleaning scheme)
Kitchen roll / toilet roll packaging
Non branded ink cartridges
General plastic bags / packaging
Medicine Packaging – take to Superdrug
Can rings & tin packaging
Lots of supermarkets now run their own plastic collections so please consider taking the items we don’t take to them.